I'm Still Alive...

The Dude has been away for awhile. Part of my absence was due to business related travel, but the rest is due to enjoyment of our new pool.

To my loyal followers who have lost faith, I assure you I will update the site with new pics soon. The pool project has more or less come to an end, but the overall project still has a ways to go. This blog has only touched on the other portions of this project, namely the outdoor kitchen and bathroom, so I'll continue to update as those pieces slowly come together. The latter portion (the outdoor bathroom) deserves a dedicated site all to itself. One piece of advice relating to this effort...don't hire a plumber from craigslist.

Back on topic, like child birth, most of the pains of the project have begun to fade and we've just been enjoying our pool. I don' think we have any real regrets. We made a decision to move forward in a recessionary economy and in some ways that probably wasn't the best move. However, I truly believe that we played a big part in keeping our pool builders afloat through parts of the last eight months. We had our pains and the process was dragged out way beyond where it should have, but the end result is better than we ever imagined, and in the end our pool builders delivered on their promises.

We had a major issue with a recent storm that put half of our new landscaping into the pool. While El Duderino was across the pond in a foreign land, the dear La Wiferina was left to cope with the mahem. Our pool builders really stepped up to the plate and helped get everything squared away, so much so, that upon my return, there were no signs that anything had ever happened.

More pics to come in the next few days...

4 comments:

Melissa June 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Your pool is beautiful. Do you mind sharing who you went with?

Unknown September 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

I also would like to know who you chose for your contractor and your thoughts on them after the pool was complete.

Espen October 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

Really nice pool.. Who did you go with? And a ballpark figure of what you had to pay would be awesome!

Melinda Miranda April 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM  

Did you abandon your blog? can you post any new pics of the pool. More detail shot? Hope all is well!

About Me

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
I'm the dude, so like, thats what you call me, duder, his dudeness, or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. I was, uh, one of the authors of the Port Huron Statement. The original Port Huron Statement. Not the compromised second draft. And then I, uh...Ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me...and six other guys. I deal in publishing, entertainment, political advocacy, and...Seriously? Besides living vicariously through Big Lebowski movie quotes, I am currently being raised by two boys, aged 10.5 and 2.5. And please, don't underestimate the importance of those .5's! I have one remaining dog and one wonderful wife. I am down to only one house and one job, so life is good. In addition to pretending to be a satirist blogger, retired/aspiring(?) musician, I am responsible for millions of dollars worth of ones and zeros being sold around this great nation. I am politically conservative, yet not politically correct. I am not looking for new friends, and like to keep my religious views to myself. If you want to know more about me, you have issues and should seek help!