"Everybody Wants to Get Stoned"

In Today's post, I will live up to my reputation as a man of few words. I will let the updated pics do the talking:









The masonry work is coming along very quickly. Our tile is lost in transit (thanks UPS), but the work continues on the decking.

Today is pretty dreary in Austin, with a dense, creepy fog hanging around. However, despite the gloomy day, the moisture actually helps bring out the true color of the tan Leuders stone.

There are a few things that need to be tweaked here and there, the cap needs to be added to the retaining wall and the lower deck by the basin needs to be done, but we're almost there with the masonry work!

I'm anxious to find out when/where the tile is and when we can start getting that underway. With Christmas coming up, I'm sure we're about to hit a major delay, so I am very happy to see so much progress. Would love to have the tile done prior to the wait, as the grout needs time to set before adding water, but that is looking less and less likely. BTW, how do you lose 700lbs of tile??

We are probably looking at holding off on the bathroom/kitchen underneath the wood deck for the time being, just to let things play out for a bit with the current economic situation. There are some MAJOR plumbing issues to contend with since this future bathroom is beneath grade and getting the bathrooms' "output" to the sewer at the front of the house is a real ordeal and involves tanks, pumps, grinders, and long/big pipe run under the driveway! Probably doesn't take a genius to figure that equals money and since it's not a necessity at this point, we've decided that it might be smart to keep this as a true "phase 2" as originally planned.

1 comments:

Rose Maria January 4, 2016 at 2:26 AM  

Which certification is the most recognized/honored by dive shops and instruction schools?
PADI IDC Gili Islands

About Me

My photo
Austin, TX, United States
I'm the dude, so like, thats what you call me, duder, his dudeness, or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. I was, uh, one of the authors of the Port Huron Statement. The original Port Huron Statement. Not the compromised second draft. And then I, uh...Ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me...and six other guys. I deal in publishing, entertainment, political advocacy, and...Seriously? Besides living vicariously through Big Lebowski movie quotes, I am currently being raised by two boys, aged 10.5 and 2.5. And please, don't underestimate the importance of those .5's! I have one remaining dog and one wonderful wife. I am down to only one house and one job, so life is good. In addition to pretending to be a satirist blogger, retired/aspiring(?) musician, I am responsible for millions of dollars worth of ones and zeros being sold around this great nation. I am politically conservative, yet not politically correct. I am not looking for new friends, and like to keep my religious views to myself. If you want to know more about me, you have issues and should seek help!